message property

NicoDAN NicoDAN

message property

hi everyone,
I'm looking for a way to add a property to an activemq message with jolokia.

->api/jolokia/exec/org.apache.activemq:brokerName=
localhost,destinationName=TEST,destinationType=Queue,type=Broker/browse()

when I browse a queue, each message has a field "PropertiesText", Is there a way to update it when a move (moveMessageTO function) a message from a queue1 to queue2 ??

->api/jolokia/exec/org.apache.activemq:brokerName=localhost,destinationName=
foo.bar,destinationType=Queue,type=Broker/moveMessageTo(java.lang.String,java.lang.String)/ID:XXXXX/TEST  (extra param to add a property ???? or in second step)

I just want to add a state to the message but not in payload.

Thanks in advance.

Re: message property

Hi,

I guess this is out of scope of this agent, since its purpose is mostly to provide plain HTTP access to JMX, agnostic to how MBean are implemented (i.e. Jolokia has no idea what the MBean does or what meaning the data has which it exposes)

What you can do is to write an own MBean which does any behaviour you like (like fetching another MBean calling the moveMessagTo() message after updating some properties) and call this with Jolokia.
... roland