Weblogic restart managedserver

seppovic seppovic

Weblogic restart managedserver

Hey Guys,

does anyone know if it is possible to restart a weblogic managed server through jolokia?
either via adminserver or managedserver itself (while later one might not be possible if i interprete this - http://jolokia.963608.n3.nabble.com/Tomcat-Restart-td3158569.html - thread correctly)

Or is it just possible with wlst?
Any help greatly appreciated, even other scripted solutions^^
seppovic seppovic

Re: Weblogic restart managedserver

Seems that there is not much traffic here, any clue where i could get help on this? or any quick hint?

Re: Weblogic restart managedserver

I'm pretty sure that this is not possible with JMX, but would need to be triggered from the outside (e.g. by the starting script or the operating system). This is because the Java process typically doesn't know how it was started and which script to trigger for an restart. What you probably can do is to restart certain modules within a server (like a webmodule or so). This e.g. is possible with Tomcat, too (but also no complete sever restart there).

Said this, it might be possible with wlst, but I'm no Weblogic expert. You probably better aske here in some Weblogic forum for that.

What about starting your weblogic with e.g. systemd from the outside and use os facilities to restart the server ?
... roland