Unable to pull JMX data using jolokia from Kafka

shashank shashank

Unable to pull JMX data using jolokia from Kafka

I have installed Jolokia in centos 7 machine and trying to pull Kafka metrics using Jolokia agent and integrate with Icinga monitoring tool using Nagios plugin check_jmx4perl. Below are the configuration steps I have followed

Step 1: Downloaded jolokia-jvm-1.3.4.jar

Step 2: Copied to /home/usr/

Step 3: Provided permissions by issuing command chmod a+x /home/usr/jolokia-jvm-1.3.4.jar

Step 4: Added to class path by issuing command export KAFKA_OPTS="$KAFKA_OPTS -javaagent:/home/usr/jolokia-jvm-1.3.4-agent.jar=host=*"

Step 5: Started Zookeeper and Kafka in standalone mode

Step 6: Testing jolokia agent by issuing the command j4psh http://localhost:8778

After testing I am getting Connection refused error. Please let me know if I missed any of the steps in configuration
crixus crixus

Re: Unable to pull JMX data using jolokia from Kafka

I think its now allowing to attach to the process
if you add -XX:+StartAttachListener  to the java options it might work

install also java devel