Programmatically exporting a specific MBeanServerConnection

pron pron

Programmatically exporting a specific MBeanServerConnection

Hi.
Is there a programmatic way to tell Jolokia to explicitly export a specific MBeanServerConnection?

Re: Programmatically exporting a specific MBeanServerConnection

Jolokia tries to detect MBeanServers within a JVM with the help of so called server detectors which try to deteremine the environment they are running in (e.g. Weblogic or Tomcat or ...).

All found MBeanServers are merged together to provide a single view, which works nicely if all MBeans have different ObjectName (e.g. have different domains). Otherwise one MBean can shadow another one, but I've never seen this situation yet.

This behaviour is currently not configurable.

Can you describe your use case, maybe we find a good solution to it ?
... roland
pron pron

Re: Programmatically exporting a specific MBeanServerConnection

My use case is not for an application but for code that is -- similarly to Jolokia itself -- agent-like (specifically, Capsule) that simply mirrors the MBeans of an application that's running inside a container. So I'd like to export only the MBeanServerConnection that I get from the application process and not the beans of the "agent" process.