Jolokia w/ Elasticsearch

theo theo

Jolokia w/ Elasticsearch

My goal is to access JMX information from Elasticsearch, so I tried to use the jolokia agent for that.

My first attempt was to attach it dynamically. However elasticsearch did not allow me to because:
Could not start Jolokia agent: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied ("java.lang.RuntimePermission" "getClassLoader")

So I tried the java agent approach. In my elasticsearch's JVM options I added -javaagent:/somewhere/jolokia-jvm-1.5.0-agent.jar and started it up. This seemed to work, because this was the output:
I> No access restrictor found, access to any MBean is allowed
I> Cannot join multicast group on NIF utun0: Can't assign requested address
I> Cannot join multicast group on NIF utun0: Can't assign requested address
I> Cannot join multicast group on NIF utun0: Can't assign requested address
I> Cannot join multicast group on NIF utun0: Can't assign requested address
Jolokia: Agent started with URL http://127.0.0.1:8778/jolokia/

However, when I try to access http://127.0.0.1:8778/jolokia/ I get an empty response. No error message, no body, no status code, nothing. Just an empty response.

I am not sure how to proceed. What should I do to enable the jolokia agent with Elasticsearch (preferably version 6.X, but that doesn't matter so much)?