Enabling SSL for JVM Agent

Oxy- Oxy-

Enabling SSL for JVM Agent

Hello,

I've found out how to enable basic HTTP Authentication by adding the following two parameters to the JVM line:

-javaagent:jolokia-jvm-jdk6-0.90-agent.jar=port=19999,host=hostname,user=username,password=password

But how to configure Jolokia to use HTTPS instead of plain text HTTP?

Thank you!

P.S. Overall, the software seems to be great!

Re: Enabling SSL for JVM Agent

Unfortunately, this is not possible yet.  But it put it on the roadmap
for 0.91, shouldn't be that hard.

sorry for now ...
... roland
Oxy- Oxy-

Re: Enabling SSL for JVM Agent

May I ask, whether is there a release date planned for 0.91?
Also, where one could find the mentioned roadmap? I've found an issue tracker, idea tracker, but none contain the SSL feature...

Thank you

Re: Enabling SSL for JVM Agent

Normally, I make minor release monthly, so 0.91 is scheduled for about end of May. However, since Jolokia is developed in spare time, there a no promises, though ;-)

We are currently on the midway to move bug tracking and release planning over to JIRA: http://jolokia.jira.com It is not completely finished, but a prelimary roadmap is available:
https://jolokia.jira.com/browse/JOL

Re: Enabling SSL for JVM Agent

I just added the HTTPS support to 0.91-SNAPSHOT which is avaliable on GitHub and as a Snapshot
at http://labs.consol.de/maven/snapshots-repository/org/jolokia/jolokia-jvm-jdk6/0.91-SNAPSHOT/jolokia-jvm-jdk6-0.91-20110423.143831-1-agent.jar

You will need to provide the following additional options during startup:

* protocol=https to switch on HTTPS processing

* keystore=/path/to/keystore pointing to the keystore holding the server side certificate. Use e.g.
"keytool -genkey -keyalg RSA -alias selfsigned -keystore keystore.jks -storepass password -validity 360 -keysize 2048" for generating a self-signed certificate

* keystorePassword=password for providing the password for the keystore.

Please let me know, whether this works for you or if there are any issues ...
... roland
Oxy- Oxy-

Re: Enabling SSL for JVM Agent

Hello Roland,

I've tested HTTPS support and it seems to work fine! Unless you know otherwise, it seems it's safe to include it in your next release :)

Thank you!