Camel route start/stop through jolokia is not starting the camel route.

Pallavi G S Pallavi G S

Camel route start/stop through jolokia is not starting the camel route.

i have a camel route which has below attributes.
autoStartup="false"
routePolicyRef="customDebitStartPolicy"

<bean id="customDebitStartPolicy"
                class="org.apache.camel.routepolicy.quartz.CronScheduledRoutePolicy">
                <property name="routeStartTime" value="${StartTime}" />
                <property name="routeStopTime" value="${StopTime}" />
</bean>

It means that the route starts and stops at a particular cron time(taking from properties file).So to enable camel route beyond this cron timings range we have integrated jolokia.
The application server is JBoss,on which there are 3 war files running and jolokia agent is running on one of war files with which we will get camel route statistics of all 3 wars.The route start/stop is working for 2 wars,but for the 3rd war its not working through jolokia.
On clicking the camel route start/stop button on the UI for the 3rd war,the status is getting changed in the UI.On war start route is stopped,on click it changes to started,again on clicking it changes to suspended.
But in the backend the camel route should generate a file which is not happening with route start/stop with jolokia.
If i change the cron time in the properties file and on restart of war,the file is getting generated at that particular time but not getting generated with beyond the cron expression when the route is started through jolokia.
Please suggest solution.

Re: Camel route start/stop through jolokia is not starting the camel route.

I dont think it has something todo with Jolokia since it only calls JMX operations exposed by Camel. As long as there a no errors in the communication there is nothing Jolokia wrong with Jolokia as it simply calls the JMX operation (locally then).

If you want to verify this, connect jconsole to your JBoss (either as a local process or remotely via RMI) and call the MBean from there.

cheers ...
Pallavi G S Pallavi G S

Re: Camel route start/stop through jolokia is not starting the camel route.

in the 3rd war in which the route start and stop not working,i have dozer-config.xml.
The content of  dozer-config.xml is,

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
        xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans.xsd">

        <bean id="dozerMapper" class="org.dozer.spring.DozerBeanMapperFactoryBean">
                <property name="mappingFiles" value="classpath*:dozer/*.xml" />
        </bean>

</beans>

This xml is imported in application-context of my war.
With dozer-config.xml  imported into war,the route start and stop not working in JBoss.
If i do not import dozer-config.xml,the route start and stop works in JBoss.

How can i make the route start/stop through jolokia work with this dozer-config.xml included in the war and deployed on JBoss?

Re: Camel route start/stop through jolokia is not starting the camel route.

Does it work with jconsole ? Please try this first, since I really can't see how your issue is connected to Jolokia. If it works with jconsole (i.e. triggering the JMX operations with it) and not in Jolokia, then we might an issue here.

cheers ...