Basic Auth using Wildfly 10

nobokatec nobokatec

Basic Auth using Wildfly 10

Hi,

I have an existing application exposed by https over port 8443 from a Wildfly 10 application server.

I've dropped the jolokia war into the deployments directory, and with no other changes can access the interface over https on the same port:

https://localhost:8443/jolokia/

When I have used Jolokia with a standalone app, I have - in addition to https - used basic auth as a basic attempt to stop casual access to the MBeans data.

How can I do this in Wildfly?  I want to add a basic auth username/password just to the /jolokia/ application - I don't want it applied to my existing application.

Many thanks!
nobokatec nobokatec

Re: Basic Auth using Wildfly 10

In section 3.1.2. Security Setup of the Jolokia manual, it says that this can only be achieved by modifying the web.xml file within the Jolokia agent WAR.

Does that mean it is not possible to introduce basic auth just from modifying the Wildfly config files?

I'm in a position where modifying the official jolokia war would be problematic.

I thought it should be possible to add basic auth by adding a user, and modifying the standalone.xml file?